Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Gift For The Frockless

I couldn't resist purchasing another frock last weekend. This little number came from the Salvo's in Fyshwick, also affectionately known as Mancare Community Family Store to most Canberrans. It is a 1960s 100% polyester A-Line style dress. The fabric is a beautiful pale blue with a sliver fleck through the weave.

It fits me very snugly and to quote Sir Mix-a-lot, I'm "little in the middle but got much back" so this style of dress isn't the most flattering for my figure. It reminds me of a 1960s go-go dancer dress, a la Nancy Sinatra and would look amazing with a pair of white knee high boots. It also reminds me of something that soul singer Sharon Jones might wear.

I'm going to gift this dress to my frockless friend who I'm dedicating frocktober to. I think it will suit her perfectly and perhaps when she gets back from her East Coast surfing safari she can wear it to work and perhaps take a photo of herself in it!

1 comment:

  1. HA! OK bowed under the pressure and I wore the frock. On day one of Frocktober no less! Have sent you the photo(s).
    Loads of fun taking them. It was a but scratchy though, that metallic thread sure knew how to chafe. I did not have white knee high boots but I did my best. x

    ReplyDelete