Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 10: flowers and frocks

I haven't been to Floriade for a long time. Today was the last day and I really only went to pick up my new boots from the lovely ladies from Boots For Broads. I'm always amused by watching people pose in front of the flowers. I've even been thinking of starting a photographic series of people taking photos of people in front of flowers. So in a slight ironic gesture, my friend suggested this would be a perfect place to take my photo of today's frock.

I bought this frock from Salvo's in Katoomba for $2 and it goes so nicely with my nana blue cadigan. One thing I love about old frocks are the tags. Now it is so rare to see a dress made in Australia, but Made In Sydney and by Big John... what a GEM!
Today's song: Fleur de Saison by Emilie Simon

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love your hair like that too. And I agree with you about the old clothes tags, esp when they're made in Australia. PS. did you nick a flower on the sly? That'd be a cool place to yarn bomb with knitted flowers amongst the real ones. Or add fantastical bugs on a flower or two, just to weird people out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dayle, my hair had reverted back to exactly the same style I had a high school. I am thinking of going on a bulb raid one night... I need some beautiful tulips in my garden next Spring!

    ReplyDelete