Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 29: High tea with Nicole Kidman


My frock for today's high tea comes from Jamison Y buys. But before that it seems it was worn by Nicole Kidman in the film Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus. If you check out the film still above and my shots below I think you'll agree the resemblance is uncanny.

How the same dress - well, two versions of the same dress - could end up in such disparate locations is beyond me. But I have always said they have lovely garments at Jamison Y buys. Often older and/or handmade pieces. So I'd recommend checking them out next time you're in that neck of the woods.


Also, a detail of my 'high tea' ring - given to me by my sister. What a sister, huh?! Two of my favourite things - tea and rings - combined as one (also ladies in green dresses)!


2 comments:

  1. I love this dress and I love this film. Maybe I'm just a tragic romantic or maybe it's Robert Downey Jr. We should have replicated the film still for your photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress and the ring! You own some very cool rings Libby.

    ReplyDelete