Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 27: Urban armour

Today's outfit is as close as I come to looking professional. Really, for me all it takes is a white shirt and a blazer to make me feel corporate. It's just the kind of armour you need to hide behind when you're visiting the accountant after not having done your taxes for two years - WHAT, who would do that!? Certainly not me, I'm a good upstanding citizen - anyway, where were we?
The star of the show is the beautiful pencil skirt I bought in New Zealand. I call it my Esther skirt since I bought it in memory of my great aunt Esther, who loved nothing more than shopping and wouldn't have let me leave Christchurch without this piece. It's far and away the most expensive thing I own but worth every cent. I just love and with its circle motifs woven into the fabric it matches perfectly with one of my other great loves, the hoop earrings Hannah brought me from Morocco.
With a dash of red lipstick my corporate outfit managed to stretch to an exhibition opening in the evening. And what a great exhibition! If you're in Canberra make sure you head over to Canberra Contemporary Art Space in Manuka before the 6th of November to see Helen's show and be amazed by the universes she's created. You can see a little of her work in the first shot of me, which was taken in the gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment