Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 29: black and white and red all over

Like a lot of my Frocktober days, it all seems to be about the accessories. I think I could've also done a 'black skirt' Frocktober with different tops, jackets, bags and other accessories. Today I caught up with a friend for a drink at Wilbur's in Hackett. I wore my stripey Revival top, love heart shoes and my new airline bag I got from a bric-a-brac shop in Coolgardie, Western Australia. It was one of those deliberating  purchases - do I really need another airline bag? Will it fit in my suitcase? Blah, blah, blah... but after walking around the shop with it on my arm, I decided to part with my $20 and now I don't regret it one bit. And it is in very good condition, all zips and handles in order.

I already have an Ansett-ANA airline bag of the same era, so this MacRobertson Miller Airlines is a nice addition to the collection. There's something romantic about the glory days of airline travel!

4 comments:

  1. If I find any airline bags when I clean out the cupboards, they're all yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hair in this shot Alison!! I'd fly with you any day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Peggy! That would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete