Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Challenge

Libby and I have decided to take up the challenge to wear a dress, frock, skirt, tunic, nightie, petticoat or kilt for 31 days of October to raise money for research into ovarian cancer. We like any excuse to dress up. And it doesn't involve running around a sports track for 24 hours or growing a handle bar moustache to raise money for a good cause!For me, it has extra special meaning, as one of my good friends had a cyst and an ovary removed this year and a very close brush with ovarian cancer. She is only five years older than me. The irony of the story is she doesn't own a frock!

3 comments:

  1. I do! I own one frock. ;) I just choose not to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dayle, a friend gave me a classic Fletcher Jones kilt. I have worn it once and I felt like I was back in high school!

    ReplyDelete