Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 11: Come fly with me...

This batwing style dress is a bit of a classic that I never wear. I think it will be making it to the frock swap at the end of Frocktober. It's a bit Stevie Nicks meets Kate Ceberano. Actually a guy at a pub once said "You look like Kate Ceberano" when I was wearing this dress. I'm taking that as a compliment.

It is cheesecloth with a heavy lace bodice and cuffs on the sleeves. Although batwing sleeves are fun, they are totally impractical. Forget wearing a jacket, this is wrap or pashmina territory. To lift the black I wore a pendant made by my friend Llawella and fishnets over red opaque stockings to compliment the lace bodice.

A work colleague said I looked very Spanish today. Thank you Stephanie. Whilst driving home, my ipod selected Ry Cooder's Chavez Ravine, rather fitting I thought.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Denise :)

    No, these are my old boots that are on the way out. Might wear the new ones tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete