Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 24: Flame Trees

Brisbane looks beautiful at the moment full of flowering Jacaranda and what I thought were known as Flame Trees. I took this photo yesterday on Southbank. My friend and I had a long discussion today as to what 'Flame Trees' actually are and according to the great oracle Wikipedia it seems 'Flame Trees' is a generic term applied to many trees with red flowers.
So I put on my red sun dress to celebrate the beautiful flowering trees, whatever type they may be.
Brisbane was quite warm today and I was a little bit of a cranky pants due to lack of sleep (Queensland, when will you learn daylight savings is a good thing), too many lemonades last night and feeling quite sticky and hot. What can I say, I'm a bona fide Victorian. I picked some geraniums from the garden of a beautiful old Queenslander house as I thought it went nicely with the broderie anglaise fabric of my dress.
I got over my crankiness with a nap on the plane trip home and a drop in degrees (by about 10) will help me sleep well tonight. And of course I can't get Flame Trees out of my head, but check out the Sarah Blasko version. It does the lyrics justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment