Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 31: Full circular skirt

Officially today is the last day I have to wear a frock. Libby and I helped out at a clothes swap called We'll Wear Again. The theme was 1940s as it was organised by The Darling Sisters who have done the mammoth task of wearing 1940s inspired clothing throughout Frocktober.This dress is probably more late 40s, early 50s in style, however I thought the style suited the day. It is a wrap dress with an extremely full skirt. Many times today I reenacted Marilyn Monroe over the steam vent, as the wind whipped up my many layers of frock. I came away with some excellent clothes including a gorgeous shirt dress (which I might wear tomorrow, even though I don't have to wear a dress), a pair of silver shoes, the little black cardigan I'm wearing in this photo and a pair of RetroSpec'd jeans.

The pattern on this dress is made up of circles within circles within circles... on a circular skirt. The pattern is very similar to a doona cover that Libby owns. Not sure what that says about my dress.
So what now? I think I have broken one of my best friends Libby with all this blogging business. I'm actually going to miss it, but seriously how boring would it be if I posted something like this on a daily basis...
Today I didn't leave the house. I sat on the couch watching dvd's and eating chocolate biscuits. I wore my Target trakky daks, my Threadless hoodie and red ugg boots.
Well, that's what I intend to do next weekend. I've enjoyed posting my daily songs for you to watch or listen to whilst reading my post. The final song for Frocktober is All Of Me sung by the amazing Ella Fitzgerald. This version was recording in 1984 in Italy and it is amazing. The Gossips performed it today and I think it sums up my Frocktober.
Thank you to everyone who supported Libby and myself throughout Frocktober. I raised just over $500, which is more than I could have ever expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment