Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 31: Fabulous 40s

Today is the last day of Frocktober and we celebrated with our 40s themed frocktober clothes swap. I got into the spirit in this beautiful frock lent to me by the ever-so-lovely Laura. I'd been waiting for the right occasion for this frock when I realised just how '40s' it could be. All it needed was some red lipstick and my mother's raccoon stole.

The great thing about a raccoon stole is after you've skinned the raccoon you can make a pie with what's left. So economical.

Now that Frocktober is finished I realise how much I'm going to miss it. Putting together an 'outfit' each day (as opposed to just getting dressed) is really fun. As is the funny smile you get from people who see you're overdressed but appreciate it. I think Frocktober has brought a lot of smiles to the faces of Canberrans. And more importantly, done a great service for Ovarian Cancer Research. Thanks to everyone who's supported us, checked our blog, tolerated my bad outfits and complimented the great ones. Together I think we have made a difference.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you've actually HAD raccoon pie with your Nabraska cousins!

    ReplyDelete