Tuesday, October 5, 2010

You know how to whistle, don't you?

I know, technically this is a skirt, not a frock. But I like to think all that volume counts for something. In fact it is so voluminous I have to carry it around with me while I walk so as to keep from tripping over it.


It is from my favourite Canberra op-shop, St Paul's in Manuka:
They always have lovely things and the ladies who work there are so sweet and generous.
This skirt reminds me of something Grace Kelly or Lauren Bacall would wear, like so:

You can see, mine has pockets just like Lauren's. Too bad I can't have Bogart too.
But Paul at work says it reminds him of Vermeer paintings like this one. I think he's right, there's a definite resemblance.

1 comment:

  1. Paul is on the money. I love this skirt, so beautiful, great colour.

    ReplyDelete