Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 1 - part 2

Day 1 of Frocktober for me and I celebrated with a new haircut and an old dress. The new haircut is courtesy of Craig at Smitten who is so good to me (and my hair) I schlep all the way to Tuggeranong to see him! The dress is courtesy of my Aunt Julie who bought it for me when I was only 18, as I'm sure you can tell by the 90s vibe. You can't see the dress that well in this shot but as Steve (who kindly took the photo) pointed out, it's clear I'm either wearing a frock or a pair of giant floral happy pants. And I can assure you, of all the crazy things my closet contains, happy pants are not amongst them.

To compensate for the bad weather we took a trip out to the country for the day and consoled ourselves with pizza, wine and pool. Sophie joined us and although she's not participating in Frocktober she is celebrating her own occassion - 'Octoboot'. Fortuitously I was dressed for both events.

I don't think we ever decided what Octoboot was in aid of but I see no reason it can't be a sister event to Frocktober, for those less dress loving amongst us. I dare say none of you would have 31 different pairs of boots in your closets. But if you do you'll find no judgement from me. Only respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment