Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 25, 2011: day and night

During the day I'm a mild mannered librarian (for objects) and by night I become a raging go-go dancing fag hag. And it's only Tuesday night!

Part one: Today I was very librarian-like in my attire. I wore to work a black skirt and red cardigan with a shirt Libby gave me for my birthday. I also wore my new necklace which has an A typewriter key and my 1960s mens brogues I got from Vinnies in Mitchell.


*     *     *     *     *

Part two: as the sun set over Canberra and I changed into a dress I headed off to the Canberra Theatre to see one of my heroes John Waters. What a funny man! He brought back so many memories from my late teens and early 20s. When he signed my book he said "Oh Cry-Baby's girlfriend!" Yes he was referring to my name and the character Allison Vernon-Williams and just like her "I'm tired of being good!"
I wore my orange glittery dress which I got from the Smith Family in Goulburn. Originally full length, it looked like I was in a cult, so I decided to cut it off at the knees, which is much sexier for this 70s frock. After the show we headed to the Phoenix for a drink where drag bingo was on. How could I resist getting my photo taken with the two hostesses!?!

4 comments:

  1. Holymoley John Waters!!!
    Nice orange sparkler too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lovely! I was like a 13 year old girl meeting Justin Bieber! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison, I'm impressed, a great frock and John Waters! What a day you must have had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea you were leading a double life! Cool outfits for both personas :)

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete