Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 18: Brownsville

I headed into corduroy land for a second day in a row, but this time in brown - a brown thin cord jacket and stripey thin cord skirt. I had to meet a truck at a dusty warehouse at 8am, so today I dressed very utilitarian. I'm not very fond of brown, but everyone tells me I look good in it.

It reminds me too much of the late 70s and to prove my love hate relationship with brown I found a photo of myself on my seventh birthday. My Mum made my beautiful brown velvet waistcoat and skirt with matching brown floral shirt. It went so nicely with my boots, the wood panelling, the kitchen cupboards, the carpet and Mum's tablecloths... no wait, the tablecloth was orange!

But seriously, I thought I was the bees knees in my snazzy outfit. I loved (still do) velvet and satin, any kind of texture actually. The song for today goes nicely with the era of the young Alison photo, Golden Brown by The Stranglers.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, you are the bees knees!! Awesome photo Alison.

    ReplyDelete