Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 25: Living in the 70's...

My friend Catharine gave me this lovely 1970s frock. Even though I hate brown, I love orange, the other colour from the 1970s. I had to wear my white petticoat (sticking out the botton of my dress) underneath as it is a little see through, but a girl can never have too many petticoats or slips. My mother taught me well and I have numerous vintage petticoats in my wardrobe. Plus this dress is a bit scratchy and I'm guessing highly flamable too. 100% polyester!

It goes so nicely with my orange Polka Luka bangle, which a bought a few years back. Not sure if they are still a Canberra based company, their jewellery is so good, I think they've got big in a big way!
I'm preparing for a World music program I host on community radio. To fit with the 70s theme of today, I decided to do a program of 1970s afrobeat and funk from Nigeria. Koola Lobitos was the band formed by Fela Kuti in the 1960s. How cool is the photo of the band!


2 comments:

  1. Love that band's sound. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Showing off your slip. Woo ooh. Very saucy Miss Spence. That Koola Lobitos photo is out of this world.

    ReplyDelete