Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 20: the favourite

 Today's frock is loved by all....except maybe me. It's the kind of frock that gets compliments from strangers and several people told me today it's their favourite of all my frocks. To be fair I do love the frock - it's a perfect 50s repro cut in a great light cotton. I'm just not sure I love it on me. I think it might be deserving of more curves. Nonetheless, I hang onto it because that many compliments can't be wrong. And it seems Daniel might cry if I gave it up.

As you can see, some of last night was spent around Ruth's new piano. Ruth had also been trying on a few of my mothers old frocks (for reasons that don't bear going into here) and here she is in her pick of the bunch - a long, deep blue one with a floaty chiffon neckline. It's also the same dress my sister wore to her formal so it seems to be another favourite.
On thing I do love unequivocally about my outfit today is this beautiful necklace, given to me by Hannah for my birthday. With its little snippets of maps, wearing it always makes me feel like I'm on holiday.

1 comment:

  1. You can tell Ruth that dress gets around. In 1986 in Burma, it went to dinner with the President of Malta. I wasn't wearing it; a woman from England borrowed it.

    ReplyDelete