Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 21: Cabaret

Stopping in at Kremlin for a drink before dinner we found it the ideal background for todays green, flocked silk gown. It's certainly an eye catching dress with a beautiful fish tail that swishes when you walk and floats in the breeze. One of my colleagues said when she saw me this morning that I looked like someone from the 1920s. And this red velvet lounge surely brings out the '20s cabaret singer feeling of the dress.
I picked it up at Y buys in Kingston for about $6. It had a few battle scars around the hem that I took to be nicks from stray stiletto heels. However, as I was riding to dinner it occurred to me that the lady before me may have just made my mistake of not hitching the dress up adequately while cycling, thereby getting it caught in the break pads.

3 comments:

  1. Libby, I didn't realise you rode to work in this fabulous outfit. I wish I'd seen you pedal into the carpark wearing your customary early morning bike riding footwear ... ugg boots!!

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful and great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I rode to Belconnon in it! And thanks to Daniel for the great photos :-)

    ReplyDelete