Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 22: Frocks and creatures

 On Saturday fellow frocker Christina held a Frocks and Creatures dress up party. The idea was to go as something a little creepy or strange. There is nothing I find creepier than moths so I set about trying to create a costume in that fashion. And after gluing my fringe to my eyebrows and my eyelashes to my face I finally managed to get my moth wings attached to my eyelids. It proved a divisive costume - some loved it and others hated it (and Steve just felt like I was awkwardly winking at him the whole night because I'd nearly glued one of my eyelids shut). Having so much stuff stuck to my eyes was definitely uncomfortable - and my ensuing limited field of vision made me feel drunk long before I was. But otherwise I count it as a success.
The dress came home with me from New York and I just love it. Some people (cough*Daniel*cough) find the print a bit too much. But, you know, nothing's too much for me :-) and I so love the cut. I hope to be wearing it often this summer, but maybe without the feathers.

1 comment:

  1. I love it, both the moth and the dress. Bah! What does Daniel know about fashion? :D

    ReplyDelete